Terms and Conditions
Thank you for being part of Chorus America's Online Community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
What is the Chorus America Online Community?
The Chorus America Online Community is a place for Chorus America members to engage in discussion and seek and receive feedback and resources from other peers in the choral field. Chorus America encourages members to come prepared to ask questions, share successes and challenges, and provide constructive feedback and perspectives. Members are required to follow the below guidelines and etiquette to ensure the Chorus America Online Community remains an open space to discuss issues and topics related to chorus leadership and management.
Chorus America has many outlets for our members to provide information and we encourage you to select the space that is right for your needs.
- Promotions or advertising options can be found on Chorus America’s website here. Promotional messages are not permitted in the Online Community.
- Finding or seeking a job? Please visit our public jobs page.
- Information about premieres and commissions, awards and grants received, staff/board appointments, creative programming initiatives, recording and book releases, anniversaries, and any other notable items should be posted to our public Member News
- Information about season listings and audition notices should be posted to our public Calendar.
- General questions about Chorus America? Reach out to the membership team at email@example.com.
If you have questions, contact the membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to preserve the best possible Online Community experience, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
Online Community Guidelines
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, and questions instead of products or services that you provide. Community messages should not contain promotional material, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitations for services. Chorus America reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- If you’ve found a product or service helpful to you or your organization, please feel free share your experience with the group in a respectful way. Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to any applicable laws, rules, or regulations, including those addressing libel, slander, and antitrust.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. Chorus America reserves the right to remove any such messages and potentially ban sources of these postings.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
Online Community Etiquette
- State the topic you are posting about clearly in the subject line. This helps members respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
This site is provided as a service for the members of Chorus America. Chorus America is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Chorus America or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Chorus America be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Chorus America and members of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Chorus America does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Chorus America we will take all appropriate action.
Chorus America reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Online Community:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through the Online Community, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Online Community Rules or other agreements that govern your use of this Online Community or to protect the rights, property or safety of Chorus America, our members, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.